The New Zealand Modernist Studies Consortium 2018 Symposium will take place on Friday 24 August 2018 at the University of Auckland in Building 206, Room 612. The symposium will run from 10am to 4pm. If you would like to attend, please RSVP to email@example.com.
The programme for the day comprises two parts: first, the workshopping of papers circulated in advnace; and second, oral presentations.
Papers to be workshopped (these will be circulated in advance):
· Lynley Edmeades, book proposal for The Hear and Now: Sound and Technology in the Avant-Garde Poetics of Gertrude Stein, John Cage and Caroline Bergvall
· Minette Hillyer, “Taken for a Māori: Impersonation, modern movie stardom, and the value of being oneself”
· Raymond Spiteri, “Dreams Are Not Enough: Len Lye and Surrealism in the Graves-Riding Circle”
· And from our guest Tyrus Miller, Dean of the School of Humanities, the University of California-Irvine: “Fire, Ice, and Mud: The Material Imagination of Wyndham Lewis’s Self Condemned”
· Maebh Long, “Altogether Immune: Modernism and Immunology”
· Erin Carlston, “Masculinity, Colonialism, Sport: A Feminist Reading of the Haka in Finnegans Wake”
Please contact Erin (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jacob (email@example.com) with any questions.